Debra Burchett-Lere, Acting President and Director of The Sam Francis Foundation will be one of the panelists participating in "Authentication and the Art Market: What Appraisers and Collectors Should Know." The event, which is sponsored by the Los Angeles Chapter of the American Society of Appraisers, will take place on July 31, 2012, from 10AM to Noon at the Pasadena Museum of History at 470 West Walnut Street in Pasadena.
Topics to be discussed will include:
• The effects on the market for works in relation to traditional catalogues raisonnés
• Keeping catalogue raisonnés current and authoritative
• The function of artists’ foundations in light of authentication issues and recent developments, such as the disbanding of the Andy Warhol Art Authentication Board
• Timely legal issues pertaining to authentication questions with several artists’ foundations
• The inﬂuence of these issues on the art market.
A question and answer session will follow the panel.
To register or for more information click here.